Help preserve your standard of living
Whether you’re taking out a loan to make home improvements or buy a vehicle, you should take steps to protect you and your family in case something unforeseen happens. You’re betting you can pay back your loan and you won’t lose your job (through no fault of your own), or become disabled (due to injury or illness), or even pass away – all of which could leave your family responsible for your loan balance. Life events can cause financial hardship, making bill-paying difficult. You don’t want delinquent payments and defaulted loans to impact your finances.
Help play it safe
Debt Protection from County Federal is a voluntary loan-payment protection product that is designed to help you get relief from loan payments if a protected life event unexpectedly happens to you. Simple eligibility requirements help ease the sign-up process.
Protection that matters
If a protected life event happens to you (and you’re a protected borrower or co-borrower on the loan), Debt Protection will cancel or waive your loan payments, up to the contract maximums—helping to lessen your worries, and your family’s worries, about paying loans during a time when your income may be reduced or lost and paying other household bills becomes challenging. We offer a number of options you could protect yourself against. These events could include:
- Loss of life, including those caused by acts of war
- Disability, including those caused by acts of war
- Involuntary unemployment
Call us at 408-282-0700 and ask about protecting your loans today.
Your purchase of Debt Protection is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of Debt Protection. You may cancel the protection at any time. If you cancel protection within 30 days you will receive a full refund of any fee paid.
DP-1202789.1-0515-0617 © CUNA Mutual Group 2015, All Rights Reserved
Your vehicle is a major investment. Next to your home, it’s probably the biggest investment you will ever make. You’ll want to protect it so you can drive it for many years to come.
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
Most auto insurance programs cover “actual cash value” only. If your vehicle becomes a total loss as the result of an accident, GAP protection can cover the “gap” between what you may owe on the vehicle, and its actual cash value. This is a critically important program for those who are purchasing with a minimum down payment. In these cases, a significant gap can exist between an existing loan balance and a vehicle’s actual cash value.
GAP will even cover your insurance deductible, up to $1,000 two times a year, a maximum of $500 each claim. GAP coverage is available for automobiles, trucks and motorcycles and can be financed as part of your vehicle loan package.
In 2015 over $43,000 were paid out in GAP claims. Here are just few examples:
Type of Vehicle
Claim Amount Paid
|2013 Hyundai Sonata||$6,310.94|
|2013 Toyota Prius||$5,150.22|
|2007 Lexus ES350||$4,887.41|
GAP Advantage also provides you with a $1,000 credit towards the financing of the replacement vehicle is financed with County Federal within 90 days from the date of loss.
GAP is also available for Watercraft’s, Travel Trailers, RV’s and Motors Homes. Ask your Loan Advisors for details and pricing!
Click here to view brochure
Want to move your loan to County Federal? Whether an Auto loan, Personal loan or Visa, let us show you how easy it is to make the Switch. Use our quick and easy online application to get started now. Or you can talk with one of our lending specialists. Click here and have someone call you or visit your nearest branch. Be sure and bring this quick form with you! In four easy steps you can make the switch! See how our process works below: Step 1: Applying for your loan
- Apply through our easy online application.
- Or apply in person. Fill out this short application and then give us a call at 408-282-0700 or stop by one of our branches to get started.
Step 2: Processing your application
- We order your credit report
- Your loan will be submitted for a decision to an underwriter
- One of our friendly, knowledgeable loan specialists will contact you with a decision
Step 3: Providing Documentation
Step 4: An appointment will be scheduled with a loan specialist to complete your loan. When you visit the branch, please be sure to bring the following:
- Valid government issued photo ID – If the address on your ID is a PO Box or is not your current address you must bring proof of residency such as a utility bill, insurance bill, etc.
- The requested supporting documentation
Sometimes your budget needs a little breathing room. Maybe an unforeseen expense like a medical bill or car repair will strain it beyond your comfort zone. Or, maybe you know what’s coming and you need the extra cash on hand for the holidays or a little pampering. County Federal understands and we’ve designed Skip-a-Pay to help when you need it.
What is Skip-a-Pay? The Skip-A-Pay Program gives you the option to defer a monthly payment on an eligible County Federal Loan to the end of the loan. We advance your payment due date and your maturity date (for example on a 48-month loan, if one payments skipped, you make 48 payments over 49 months) for a small fee. All without impacting your credit rating.
It’s that simple. Here’s How It Works:
To take advantage of our Skip-A-Pay Program, print out the Skip-A-Pay Request form, fill it out completely. Borrower (member) and all co-borrowers must sign this request form. Return it to a County Federal Branch or mail it to: Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union 1641 N. First St. Ste 170, San Jose, CA 95112
- A fee of $30 per loan payment skipped will be added to the loan balance when the request is approved.
- Eligible Loan types for skip-a-pay are: Auto, Credit Card, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Personal, Line of Credit, Computer, and Share Secured Loans (excluding single payment option).
- The loan must have originated at least 6 months prior to the date of the Skip-a-Pay Request to be eligible and all payments must be current on all loans.
- Payments can be skipped on each eligible loan only one (1) time per calendar year.
- The minimum monthly loan payment must be at least $100.
- Be sure and read the request form for the full disclosure.
- If any loan to the member has been delinquent or in default on a share account with the Credit Union during the past 12 months, the Skip-a-Pay Request will be denied and the required payment is due.
Take advantage of Skip A Payment today! If you have questions, give us a call at 408-282-0700 or 800.282-6212 or visit one of our branches.