The County Federal Story

SCCFCU_groundbreakingSanta Clara County Federal Credit Union – County Federal for short – was founded on May 8, 1950 by seven county employees with a vision and $103. Our Credit Union was originally chartered in the state of California under the name Santa Clara County Employees Credit Union. They each volunteered their time to foster a common dream. Now, County Federal not only serves Santa Clara County employees but San Benito County, many cities within Santa Clara County, Santa Clara County Office of Education, Valley Medical Center and many other companies affiliated with the county.

Here are some important events that occurred in County Federal’s history:

  • 1950    Santa Clara County Employees Credit Union is established at 1090 N. First St in San Jose
  • 1970    Gilroy Branch is opened
  • 1972    Campbell Branch is opened
  • 1978    San Jose Branch is moved to 852 N. First Street
  • 1987    Converts to a Federal Charter, becoming Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union
  • 1991    Almaden Branch is opened
  • 1997    County Federal reaches $200 million in assets
  • 2000    50th Anniversary Celebration Year
  • 2001    Reaches $300 million in assets
  • 2003    Reaches $400 million in assets
  • 2004    Gilroy Branch moves to the Gilroy Crossing Shopping Center
  • 2005    Almaden Branch moves to 5353 Suite 65 in the Almaden Plaza Shopping Center
  • 2007    City Centre Branch is opened
  • 2008    Reaches $500 million in assets
  • 2009    East San Jose Branch is opened
  • 2010    Celebrating our 60th Anniversary
  • 2012    The Member Education & Rewards Center opens
  • 2016    70 West Hedding Branch is opened

Today our mission is much the same as it was in 1950 – to know and satisfy the needs of its members and create a relationship for life!