Sometimes your budget needs a little breathing room. Maybe an unforeseen expense like a medical bill or car repair will strain it beyond your comfort zone. Or, maybe you know what’s coming and you need the extra cash on hand for the holidays or a little pampering. County Federal understands and we’ve designed Skip-a-Pay to help when you need it.
What is Skip-a-Pay? The Skip-A-Pay Program gives you the option to defer a monthly payment on an eligible County Federal Loan to the end of the loan. We advance your payment due date and your maturity date (for example on a 48-month loan, if one payments skipped, you make 48 payments over 49 months) for a small fee. All without impacting your credit rating.
It’s that simple. Here’s How It Works:
To take advantage of our Skip-A-Pay Program, print out the Skip-A-Pay Request form, fill it out completely. Borrower (member) and all co-borrowers must sign this request form. Return it to a County Federal Branch or mail it to: Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union 1641 N. First St. Ste 170, San Jose, CA 95112
- A fee of $30 per loan payment skipped will be added to the loan balance when the request is approved.
- Eligible Loan types for skip-a-pay are: Auto, Credit Card, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Personal, Line of Credit, Computer, and Share Secured Loans (excluding single payment option).
- The loan must have originated at least 6 months prior to the date of the Skip-a-Pay Request to be eligible and all payments must be current on all loans.
- Payments can be skipped on each eligible loan only one (1) time per calendar year.
- The minimum monthly loan payment must be at least $100.
- Be sure and read the request form for the full disclosure.
- If any loan to the member has been delinquent or in default on a share account with the Credit Union during the past 12 months, the Skip-a-Pay Request will be denied and the required payment is due.
Take advantage of Skip A Payment today! If you have questions, give us a call at 408-282-0700 or 800.282-6212 or visit one of our branches.