The County Federal Educational Scholarship Program is now open!
Each year, County Federal awards educational scholarships to graduating high school seniors and post-secondary students enrolled in an accredited university or community/technical college full- and part-time. Awards range from $500 to $1,500.
Starting February 7th, 2020, County Federal has begun accepting applications for educational scholarships. These scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors and post-secondary students enrolled in an accredited university or community/technical college, full or part-time. Awards range from $500 to $1,500. Scholarship application deadline is Saturday, April 11th, 2020.
Scholarship recipients will be announced by Tuesday, June 16th, 2020.
All participating students are required to complete an application, write an essay and attach a copy of a current high school/college transcript to the application.
The following are required of all applicants:
- Must be a member in good standing with Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union. Not a member? Join now.
- Must be in good standing with their high school/ college; may not be on disciplinary or academic probation
- Must be a graduating high school senior or post- secondary student (ages 17 – 25)
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of 6.0 units (part-time college)
- A letter of acceptance and verification of enrollment must be provided by August 31st, 2020
Meet our 2019 Scholarship Winners!
County Federal is proud to support these scholars in the pursuit of their dreams.
Dolores Andrade, Live Oak High School – $1,500
Carli Lopez, Dublin High School – $1,000
Michelle Jenks, Alameda High School – $750
Christian Andres, Evergreen College – $1,500
Rishelle Zertuche, Gavillan College – $1,000
Mazon Mendoza, West Valley College – $750
Allyson Chiu, University of Southern California – $1,500
Caitlin Svardal, California State University Los Angeles – $1,000
Marc Santos, San Jose State University – $750