Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union Logo

Educational Scholarships

The County Federal Educational Scholarship Program is back!

 

The County Federal Educational Scholarship Program is back!

Each year, County Federal awards educational scholarships to graduating high school seniors and post-secondary students enrolled in an accredited university or community/technical college full- and part-time. Awards range from $500 to $1,500.

 

Educational Scholarships

 

Starting February 1st 2019, County Federal accepted applications for educational scholarships. These scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors and post-secondary students enrolled in an accredited university or community/technical college, full or part-time. Awards range from $500 for community/technical colleges to $1,500 for four-year colleges. Scholarship application deadline was Friday April 5th 2019.

Scholarship recipients will be announced by May 31st 2019. Scholarships are distributed in August prior to the fall semester.

All participating students were required to complete an application, write an essay and attach a copy of a current high school/college transcript to the application. Scholarships will be judged on the results of an online survey (5%), cumulative GPA (10%), community and high school involvement (15%) and an essay (70%).

 

The following were required of all applicants:

  • Must be a member in good standing with Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union
  • Must be in good standing with their high school/ college; may not be on disciplinary or academic probation
  • Must be a graduating high school senior or post- secondary student (ages 17 – 25)
  • Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
  • Must be enrolled for a minimum of 6.0 units (part-time college)
  • A letter of acceptance and verification of enrollment must be provided by July 31st 2019

 



Meet our 2019 Scholarship Winners!

County Federal is proud to support these scholars in the pursuit of their dreams.

 

High School

Dolores Andrade, Live Oak High School – $1,500

Carli Lopez, Dublin High School – $1,000

Michelle Jenks, Alameda High School – $750

 

Community College

Christian Andres, Evergreen College – $1,500

Rishelle Zertuche, Gavillan College – $1,000

Mazon Mendoza, West Valley College – $750

 

4-Year College

Allyson Chiu, University of Southern California – $1,500

Caitlin Svardal, California State University Los Angeles – $1,000

Marc Santos, San Jose State University – $750

 

If you have any questions regarding County Federal Educational Scholarships, please contact Special Programs at (408) 282-0700.

If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and having problems using this website,please call 1-800-282-6212 for assistance


TO TOP