Online Privacy Notice
Rev. August 2018
This Online Privacy Notice describes how Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union (SCCFCU) collects, uses, shares and protects information from or about you through your interactions with SCCFCU’s digital channels, e.g. the website, online banking, mobile banking apps, etc.
During online account opening and digital banking sessions, we collect Personal Information that you provide to us, such as your e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and/or account number. Like all other information you provide to the credit union, our policy on sharing this information with third parties applies to digital transactions.
We use this information to:
- respond to inquiries and complete requests
- verify your identity and/or location to prevent fraud and protect the security of your account and information
- provide account alerts and notifications
- provide updated terms, conditions and/or other administrative information
- provide information to you about our products and services
- provide information regarding our digital channels, upcoming changes, etc.
- personalize your experience by tailoring products and offers to you
- allow use of some financial planning tools, with the option not to save information
- send you surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions
- Cookies – we may assign “cookies” to your Internet browser. A “cookie” is stored on your local hard drive through the browser and contains a unique sequence of text for identification purposes.
- Browser information – we collect certain information from browsers, such as your device type, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- IP Address – this information helps diagnose server problems, customize your experience, and for compliance and security purposes.
- enable features on the digital platforms
- ensure the digital platforms are operating properly and to assist in preventing un-authorized users from accessing your information.
- continuously drive user experience and content improvements
- analyze the success of our marketing and communication efforts.
These technologies are not used to connect browsing information to the real identities of our members, and do not capture any personal information.